“I am so thankful for Northgate!”
That’s what I heard from someone in the past few days and I heartily agree!
God is at work and you and I have “front-row seats” as we worship and serve Him together. I can’t even begin to number the people who have described life-altering experiences for which they trace the beginning back to a service or Life Group or other event at Northgate. It’s thrilling to witness God transforming lives. Here are just a few examples:
- A marriage which is experiencing renewal after many years of angry words and mistrust.
- Grandparents who have new hope for a grandchild who is suffering the consequences of some terrible decisions.
- Someone who has reached out to ask forgiveness for years of bitterness and anger.
- A daughter being reconciled to her father with whom she had no contact for more than 15 years.
- Two people with severe communication problems who are now learning to listen and respond without using the terms “always” and “never.”
- Several people who are learning to live with limitations instead of being angry at God for allowing those limitations in the first place.
And there are a lot more stories which can’t be told without breaking confidences. You may be one of the stories. In fact, I think it would be easier to count the people who haven’t experienced new hope, forgiveness, restoration, or purpose. This is the power of the resurrection at work!
So I’ll rewrite the refrain of one of our recent favorite worship songs:
Holy Spirit, we witness you here
You flood our lives and change the atmosphere
Your glory, God, is what has filled our hearts
We are overcome by Your presence, Lord
I am so thankful for God’s powerful presence at Northgate.
One thought on “THANKFUL”
What a might God we serve. Ever loving and caring for us, full of grace. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Jim and God’s blessings to you and the church.